Thursday, July 2, 2009

Exodus

We're taking off to Kyrgyzstan in less than 24 hours! I'm trippin' out.

Orientation is pretty much over! Our four long days of prayer, personality tests, presentations, ice breakers, and drafting up language arts curriculum is all set. Our final day tomorrow will just be finally touring Boston and seeing the sights. OH! I got to step foot on Harvard! And M.I.T., as well as Boston University. Oddly enough though, Kurt, our leader, and I were lookin' at the students walkin' around these prestigious schools.. and they just looked like total squares! We were like, "Dude. They're sissies... We could take 'em." We were so tempted to just walk by one and give him a lil' shove and be like "...what? what??"

I have never heard a thunderstorm like I did at 2am last night. Somebody must've prayed for the flood gates of heaven to open. Like a sky-borne earthquake, the sky just screamed and ripped apart, lit up with electricity and poured out so much rain that it just flooded right through the open window and onto the bed! I seriously thought it was C4. I shot up, my roommate did too and he rushed to the window to seal us in. It was kind of sad, because I was seriously hoping for some sunshine for the last day - it's been raining ever since we got here, and anyone that knows me knows I seriously don't like rain. I'm about ready to go.

Yeah... the team is just about set. We all feel super close, and the anticipation of going is starting to drive us insane. I'm a bit depressed though that I never got to see Transformers 2... i GUESS i just have to wait for DVD.

But honestly the movie really hasn't been on my mind. My teaching partner Chi, who was randomly assigned to me, is actually pretty big on the works of the Holy Spirit, and truly believes in Its healing power and ability to really transform mankind. Once I found this out I got so pumped for revival. I'm soooo ready to see the flood gates of heaven shoot open above Kyrgyzstan... and the rain to never end.


Please pray for me for sanity on these flights. I've never flown for more than maybe 5 hours one-way. It's going to be LONG.

2 comments:

  1. You are not going to go insane - "If you keep your mine stayed on Him, He will keep you in perfect peace." Isaiah 26:3 - Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not going to go insane - "If you keep your mine stayed on Him, He will keep you in perfect peace." Isaiah 26:3 - Dad

    ReplyDelete